Monday, July 13, 2009

Clovis 23 things, Thing #11

There are many children today that are considered Gen Y. I coach cheer at the Jr high level and I can say that many of the statements made I see in my girls. It is very easy to agree with the statement that everyone has to win, they can't take no for an answer. In teaching Kindergarten and in coaching, I have come across this situation more than once. We read the article Making Learning Work, it stated that the goal is to make new and more effective strategies. Using the computer you have much more immediate gratification than if you have to wait and go to the library for information. The interview with Jason Dorsey was interesting. I couldn't agree more about the statement about freinds and lifestyles being most imoportant. I can relate to this in many ways with my team and even students.

No comments:

Post a Comment